The Future of Marketing & Advertising
Recently, the HubSpot Blog painted the picture of the future of marketing and advertising. Anyone in the industry can attest to how fast things are changing. As the qualified saying goes “Business as usual is no longer business as usual”.
Here are some trends that you can take away from the 33 statistics:
Social Media is the Future
If you didn't already know, social media is quickly becoming the way that businesses interact with customers and clients.
- 51% of the top 20% of B2B marketers generating leads through social media use social sharing tools, compared to the industry average of 39%. (Source: Aberdeen)
- 84% of B2B marketers use social media in some form. (Source: Aberdeen)
- Currently, marketers allocate 7.6% of their budgets to social media. CMOs expect that number to reach 18.8% in the next five years.
E-mail is Still a Huge Part of the Marketing Mix
While Google+ (and even Facebook) are starting to understand the power of E-mail, it is also important that entrepreneurs and business owners do too. E-mail is larger than Google+ and even Facebook.
- Personalized emails improve click-through rates by 14%, and conversion rates by 10%.
- 59% of B2B marketers say email is the most effective channel for generating revenue. (Source: BtoB Magazine)
- 61% of marketing companies plan to increase their email marketing efforts in the next year. (Source: Experian)
Local is Growing Rapidly
Targeting customers and clients according to their actual location is continuing to grow as customers want to find business related to their geographical location.
- 80% of mobile internet users would prefer ads relevant to them locally. (Source: JiWire)
- 62% of adults under 34 are willing to share their location to get more relevant content. (Source: JiWire)
Personalization Has Higher Relevancy to Consumers
Personalized messages that are tailored to customers are likely to have a more relevant message and lead to higher conversion rates.
- 3% of retailers plan to focus on web personalization engines in 2012. (Source: National Retail Federation)
- In a study of 650 multi-channel marketing campaigns, personalized campaigns consistently and overwhelmingly beat out static campaigns in generating a high response rate from recipients. (Source: MindFire)
Mobile is Growing
Mobile phones and smartphones are always with customers and consumers and marketing and advertisers are taking advantage of these changes.
- Worldwide mobile advertising revenue will expand 3.5X its present size by 2016. (Source: Yankee Group)
- Email opens on smartphones and tablets have increased 80% over the last six months. (Source: Litmus)
- 47% of marketing companies plan to increase their efforts in mobile apps in the next year. (Source: Experian)
- 45% of US businesses are conducting some form of mobile marketing, with mobile websites (70%), mobile applications (55%), and QR codes (49%) being the most common tactics. (Source: StrongMail)