You Are a Real Estate Media Company [SPEAKING]
On July 25, 2017, I led a class to a room of real estate agents at MBH Settlement Group, L.C. located in Reston, Virginia. During the talk, I covered how every company and especially real estate agents are media companies that should create and develop content in various ways specifically for their target market. I introduced them to “Dave” the real estate agent. I also explained how developing and creating a strategy and executing on it is similar to baking a sweet potato pie. This will be the first of many classes that I hope to have on how small businesses, professionals and real estate agents can be media companies.
Update: An updated version of this class was given September 17, 2017 for Champion Title in Woodbridge, Virginia.
Update: An updated version of this class was given November 9, 2017 at Barcroft Realty in Fairfax, Virginia.
Here’s a breakdown of some of the topics covered:
Part 1: Laying the foundation – Website Design
- Who do you want to target (Avatar?) & What’s your budget?
- Intro to Digital Marketing
- Website Design
- Creating a Blog
- Considering Social Media Accounts
- Search Engine Optimization – Why’s It Important When Targeting Your Website
Part 2: Getting your name out – Marketing
1) Self Awareness: What are your strengths & weaknesses?
2) What is Social Media & Why is it Important
3) Creating Social Media Accounts – Which accounts to choose and why? What are the strengths of each account
4) Search Engine Optimization – SEO
5) Marketing Ideas for Real Estate Agents – Based on Your Strengths
- The Power of Local – Blogs, Directory Listings (e.g. Alignable)
- Public Relations – What it is & why it’s important
- Audio – Podcast / Visual – YouTube / Instagram / Kinesthetic – Facebook Live
- Online + Offline = Success
- Repurposing Content